When managing multiple projects in a portfolio it is always challenging to communicate the status of multiple projects and their KPIs. The Portfolio Dashboard allows a project manager to communicate the portfolio status with ease.
|Portfolio Management Dashboard|
About the Portfolio Management Dashboard for Multiple Projects
- Its power point based so easy to use and present. Can handle up to 8 projects.
- Covers the portfolio delivery road map which gives the readers an idea of when which project will be complete.
- Covers the portfolio financials by reporting on planned, spent and remaining funds for each of the project.
- Displays the project risks and issues count for high, medium and low open items.
- For each project in the portfolio has a separate section for reporting status of schedule, budget, risks and issues. Each KPI within the project can be red, green or amber.
Using the Portfolio Management Dashboard for Multiple Projects
- The timeline is built from boxes so you can move them by dragging them. You can also change their colors so that it is easy to visualize different projects.
- The project financials, risks and issues are charts so can be changed by right clicking and selecting Edit Data. You can chose to edit the data in excel which can give you some flexibility when updating the data.
- The bottom section for individual projects is made from tables so you can change the test and colors by using normal formatting.