Configuration Management Plan
|Configuration Management Plan|
What is a Configuration Management Plan?
Configuration Management System
- Planning Step
- Identification Step
- Control Step
- Accounting Status Step
- The Audit of the Configuration
What Details are Included in the CMP?
- Explicit instruction as to the level of Configuration Identification (CI) that will occur
- Define minor, major, and critical Change Control Classifications
- Designate the structure, members, and approval authority of the Change Control Board (CCB)
- Explain the processes for change proposals, requests, and notices
- Describe how deviations, variances, and waivers will be handled
- Address Configuration Status Accounting activities
- Explain the Verification and Audit of CIs
So, Why Does Every Project Need a CMP?
Why Would A Company Not Implement a CM Plan?