This resource matrix excel template provides a very basic way of managing resources. The resource matrix is a mapping between resources and projects. It can also be used to manage tasks. The template can also handle assigning a resource to multiple projects.
|Resource Matrix Excel Template|
Some things to know about Resource Matrix Template Excel
- The Resource Matrix is simple to use and provides a complete view of the resources.
- The resource matrix can be used for managing project resources or for regular team management.
- As a resource is listed only once it is very easy to know where a given resource is allocated.
- Easy to print the report for senior management.
- Resources can be allocated to multiple projects or tasks.
- Excel built-in filters can be used to filter on resources and roles.
- When a resource is free the cell is highlighted for easy tracking.
How to use the Resource Matrix Template Excel
- The resource matrix has two columns - Resources and Role.
- The resource column should have the resource names.
- Role should have the role for that resource.
- Each resource should be defined only once.
- The columns after the role column are allocations.
- Define Project Codes for each project so that the project names do not get too long.
- Based on the resource requirements populate the month columns with the project name to which the resource is allocated for that month.
- If you type the words "Free" than that column will be auto highlighted to yellow color.
- If the resource is not available that month then you can enter N/A.
Techno-Tip : If you want to see resource allocation for specific resource then use the in-built excel filters.