It is important that a project manager manages his/her tasks effectively. This personal task management template is loaded with features like sorting, highlighting task status and task dashboard to show key highlights.
|To Do List for Project Managers|
Features of the Excel To Do List
- Provides an indication of the task status with the task indicator.
- If task is RED then task is due today or overdue.
- If AMBER then task is due in next 3 days.
- If GREEN that means the task is due beyond next 3 days.
- Template sorts the tasks based on due date so that the project manager can focus on tasks which based on due date and priority.
- Tasks can be sorted so that task are displayed on due date and task status. Task sorting can be done using shortcut Ctrl + L.
- Can handle up to 10 projects and each task can have project, priority, status and due columns.
- The dashboard shows no of tasks open and how many critical, high and medium.
- A bar chart displays the total task open for various projects.
- Task calendar which shows an overview for the next 10 days. It also highlights today's date.
- Due dates are validated and highlighted if they fall on weekends.
- The excel template has two tabs - task list and data.
- The task list tab contains two main sections - Tasks and the dashboard.
- The data tab has auto calculated table and lists.
How to use the Excel Template
- Populate the projects list on the data tab.
- Add tasks one by one with project, status, priority and due date.
- After add a new task press CTRL + L to sort the tasks. The tasks will be sorted based on due date.
- Project names can be actual projects or work streams like BAU, Team Management etc.
- As and when you complete the task changed the task status to closed and then press CTRL + L for task sorting.
- Every time you open the sheet make sure you CTRL + L so that you can start your focus on the tasks which are immediate priority.