What is a Work Log?
|Daily Schedule Template Excel|
Why do you need a work log?
- Assists in planning - Calculating how many hours were needed to complete a certain task can help estimate the required time needed for a similar future task.
- Assists in billing - Knowing how many hours were spent on a task can help in pricing future tasks for clients, internal budgeting, or bids for third-party vendors.
- Assists in the comparison between employees - If two or more team members perform the same task, a log can easily compare their efficiency. This factor, along with the quality of their work, can compare their effectiveness.
- Gross vs. Net-Keeping a log can help an employee (or anyone else in their organization) calculate which percentage of their workday was allocated to any specific task. For example, Eugene required an entire workday (9 hours) to complete a task. His work log showed that he worked for 4.5 hours on this specific task and didn’t have any other entries in his log on that day. Dividing 4.5 by 9 will show that he spent 50% of his workday on that task, and the rest of his workday was used for other non-work-related activities.
- Project evaluation - Combining all the employees involved in a certain project can assist in evaluating its profitability post-completion. This can help in ascertaining whether to perform similar projects in the future.
- For general bookkeeping sake - Keeping a log can help at any point in the future when the owner of the log wants to remind themselves which tasks they completed and how much time it took them.
Here are some features of the Daily Work Log Excel Template. It allows users to record up to 25 tasks daily. The excel log captures the time, description, task type, time spent, and comments on each of the tasks. The log allows up to 5 different task types.
The typical task types can be Meetings, Project Work, Claims Processing, Data Entry, etc. Displays the total time spent for today and the breakdown of the time spent on each task type. One-click button to create a fresh new log every day. Validates to ensure there is no duplicate worksheet for the same day.
Weekly Work Log Word Template
For example: On 21-Aug worked on analyzing a work plan for 3.5 hrs and 4 hrs on writing a report on lessons learned for the project, which ended last week. On 22-Aug worked on preparing tutorials for the new employees for 8 hrs and so on for the rest of the workdays in that week.
Monthly Work Log
You may also be interested in reading the 9/80 Work Schedule.