Good Project Governance starts with good documentation and good documentation starts with easy to use templates. When a project manager starts a project he or she has a lot to manage. The last thing a project manager should do is spend time creating documents.
Advantages of using Project Management Templates
- Templates are time tested and built out of experience.
- Templates are ready to use so take less time to start.
- Follow best practices and can be aligned to standards like PMI and Prince2.
- They give a baseline using which a PM can create new templates.
- Can be customized and shared further.
Project Dashboard Templates
Project dashboards provide a great visual way of showing how projects are progressing. They can be used to deliver the message in a quick and easy to understand format. Dashboards can be used for single or multiple projects.