Project Portfolio Reporting
It is very common for project managers to manage multiple projects. It is important to have a mechanism to report on the status of multiple projects at the same time. This excel template enables a project manager to report on up to 5 projects in one go.
Features of the Portfolio Status Report Template
- It can handle up to 5 projects and can be modified to add more projects.
- Has a portfolio delivery road map that provides a timeline view of the project delivery.
- The portfolio status shows the status of the KPIs for all the projects. There is also a status for the entire portfolio.
- Provides an overall view of the portfolio and also provides the status of individual projects in the portfolio.
- Portfolio Financials displays the budget (Planned, Actual, Forecast, and Variance) for each project. This section also shows the budget at a portfolio level.
- After the portfolio level details are displayed, there are separate sections for each project.
- For each project, a detailed schedule and any risks, concerns, dependencies, changes can be documented.
- In each project's schedule, the following details can be displayed - Phase, Start, End, Progress, and Status.
- And it is easy to use !!!
Portfolio Delivery Road map
- The delivery road map provides a high-level view of when projects will be delivered. Check out Road map templates for detail.
- Use different colors so that the people reading the report can distinguish between projects.
- To make it more informative, you can include an exact date for the delivery.
- You can change the timeline to 2 months or a quarter, depending on your delivery schedule.
- It is easy to use as it is an excel table. All that you need to do is type in a cell and pick a color.
- The Portfolio Status displays the information about the KPIs for all the projects.
- Each project will have a status (Red, Green, Amber) for Schedule, Budget, Resources, and Risks.
- In addition to the project KPI statues, the portfolio status can display status at the portfolio level.
- All the fields in this table are manual, so you have to color the cells as per the status.
- The portfolio status will depend on the status of all the projects.
- For example, if a schedule is red for more than 2 projects, then the portfolio's schedule will be red. If the Resources for one project is red, and one is amber, then the portfolio's overall status can be amber.
- The portfolio financials contain the budget information about all the individual projects and the totals at the portfolio level.
- For each project, there is planned cost, actual cost, forecast, and variance,
- The individual project budgets are then rolled up into the portfolio-level budget.
Individual Project Status
- The individual project statues have the project timeline or schedule and a section to document the risks, issues, concerns, or dependencies.
- Having individual details for each of the projects is helpful to the team so that they are aware of the dates for the project.
- Risks, Issues, Dependencies, and Concerns are a general section that can detail the risks or issues the project is facing. Each of the items can be marked as on the track, delayed, or concern.
- If the issue is severe, then the mark is delayed, if it is anticipated to become serious, then mark it as a concern, and if you are confident you can resolve it, then a mark is on track.
Individual Project Status