Follow the below steps to start using One-page Weekly Status Report Template
This template has four sections.
- Project Details and summary update
- Project Key Parameters
- Project Schedule
Project Details and summary update:
- specify the necessary details and summary update of the whole project.
- The necessary details include information like Project Name, Project Manager, project status date, and optional project code.
- Enter status date on which the report is being drafted.
- Mention summary of the project which should be targeted towards giving a glimpse of activities that have happened in the last week.
Project Key parameters:
- This section has critical parameters within the project status report.
- Each parameter can have 3 status -on track. Delayed and Off-track.
- Generally, status of task should be marked as delayed before it as marked as off-track.
- There is comment column for each parameter
- brief explanation of the status or can be used report numbers like % complete, defects open, current spend etc.
Project Schedule (semi auto populated):
- This section displays key project phases.
- Captures the individual project phase with start date, End date with % completion in a tabular column.
Projects Risks and Issues:
- Highlight the important key risks and issues.
- Add the current risk and issue which is of high severity.
- Mention the owner of the risk in respective column. person responsible for some action item to mitigate or address the risk or issue.
- Specify the status of the risks/Issues I.e., Open or closed.
- Open -If you remove the risks or issues immediately after closing people will never notice a certain issue was addressed.
- Closed- You may choose to move the closed risk at the bottom of the list.
Simple Version of Project Status Report:
This template has 3 sections other than Project name and date
The 3 key sections are-Key Updates, Project Milestones, and Project Deliverable.
- Key updates- brief the key updates about the project.
- Project Milestones- specify the key milestone and their status in respective column, the status can be On Track, Concern or Delayed.
- The key updates section is a free-form update of the latest project news. It has been divided into two parts to allow effective use of space.
- Project deliverable- Define project deliverable lists with the reference number and scope indicator which indicates if the item is still in scope or out of scope.