Very often, a project manager needs to quickly create a view. This exercise happens before the project manager starts the actual project plan, far more detailed.
Single Project Timeline Template Excel
The Template can be used to list tasks for a single project.
- Each task has a name, start end, and effort.
- The start date uses the end date of the previous task. If you want a different start date, then just type the date into the cell.
- The end date is calculated using the start and effort. Only weekdays are counted.
- You can change the start date on the timeline and scale on the timeline in the config sheet.
- Depending on the duration of your project, set the scale of the timeline. If your project is few weeks, then set the scale to 1 day. If it is log, then set it to 7 days or more.
- Note that the bigger the scale lesser the accuracy of the start and end dates.
Multi Projects Timeline Template
- This template should be used for high-level planning for multiple projects.
- Has all the features of one timeline, including the scale.
- Displays up to five projects with—different colors.
- Each Project can have a max of five tasks, so always list only the high-level tasks.
Manual Project Timeline Template
- A simple way to display project overview.
- Manually created by formatting cells and using simple sum formula.
- It is very flexible and easy to create as you can add as many rows to depict different phases or tasks.