Reporting project status on a weekly basis is a known practice for project managers. The weekly status report excel template has a project health card, project schedule, project financials and shows Top 5 items pending. Weekly Status Report Format allows a project manager to report all the project updates in detail
|Weekly Status Report Format|
Project Health Card for the Weekly Status Report
- The project health card provides a quick overview of all the key project health parameters.
- The project health card also allows the project to set an overall project health status.
- Each parameter or attribute has a status and description.
- You can add or remove any of the project parameters as you wish.
|Project Health Card|
- The project schedule in the weekly status report format displays the key project tasks in a tabular format.
- The weekly status report format allows to define task name, start, finish, progress, projected date and concerns.
- Projected date is the expected date for completion for that task. The Finish date should not be changed after the project plan is base lined. If you keep changing the finish date then you will now how much the actual task slipped.
- The weekly status report template provides a basic way of sharing project financials.
- The table has item description, planned spend, actual spend and variance.
- The variance is auto calculated and highlighted.
Top Items Pending
- This section of the weekly status report format displays the key pending items.
- The items can be risks, issues, decisions, dependencies, change requests or actions which need attention.
- Each item has an type, description, status, owner and due date.
- It also displays the overall count for risks, issues , decisions, actions, changes and dependencies.
|Project Pending Items|
Note : There is a data sheet in the report which can be used to configure status, items and define number of risks, issues and other items open. Also consider the following templates - Simple Project Status Report, Monthly Status Report Template or Multiple Project Status Report.