MS Project - Status Reporting
If you are looking to generate a quick report with a button click then you can use Microsoft Project report to generate a report which has the following information - Project Key Parameters, Key Tasks, Project Phases Remaining Work, Late Tasks and Resource Work Load. Preparing a project status report with word or excel takes time as you will have to gather the relevant information and then update the report.
Preparing a project status report with word or excel takes time as you will have to gather the relevant information and then update the report. It also takes time as you need to ensure that the content is right and you have covered all aspects of the report. The report generated from MS Project has the following sections -
- Key Project Parameters
- Key Tasks
- Remaining Work in Project Phases
- Resource Work Load Report
- Late Tasks
Section # 1: Key Project Parameters
- Project Name, Project Start and Finish Date.
- % Complete - an overall progress indicator.
- Status - Status indicator for the entire project - can be Late, On Schedule or Future Task.
- Cost - Estimated cost of the entire project. Based on the rate set for resources.
- Actual Cost - Cost incurred on the project till date. Calculated from the amount of work completed.
- Remaining Cost - The remaining cost of the project.
Section # 2: Key Tasks
The Key Tasks section contains information about the summary tasks or key project phases. The details included are task Name, Finish Date, % Complete and Status. The Status can be On Schedule, Late or Future Tasks.