Project Dashboard Excel Template
Project Dashboards aid by visualizing critical success factors. They can also be used to report status to senior-level management who do not have the time to read a detailed status report.
Project Management Templates
One of the key challenges for any project manager responsible for an agile project reports the right picture of the project progress.
Agile Project Management Dashboard Excel
Capacity Planning Template will help in identifying resource requirements for multiple or single projects. The key foundation of the planning template which is part of our inventory of project management templates is based on Resource Type as during the initial phases of planning the exact resource names will not be available. There are two key sections - Capacity Planner and Resource Requirements.
Capacity Planning Template Excel
A skills matrix is a table or grid that helps to visually depict the competency of an individual against specified skills and knowledge areas. Skills matrix template is essential for a manager to know who of his team members has the capability and skills to do a particular job. It is also a managerial tool which presents the skills, interests, and knowledge of the team members within an organization/project.
Skills Matrix Template
Reporting project status on a weekly basis is a known practice for project managers. The weekly status report excel template has a project health card, project schedule, project financials and shows Top 5 items pending. Weekly Status Report Format allows a project manager to report all the project updates in detail.
Weekly Status Report Format
One of the key motivations for me to put this master excel project tracking template together was the fact that we tend to document a lot of things about the project in various spreadsheets. For example, we have separate spreadsheets for the schedule, budget, resources, risks, issues, and so forth.
Master Excel Project Manager
It is very common for project managers to manage multiple projects. It is important to have a mechanism to be able to report on the status of multiple projects at the same time. This excel template enables a project manager to report on up to 5 projects in one go.
Portfolio Status Report Template
Multiple project timeline is a visual representation of schedules of various projects which are part of the portfolio. Showing multiple project timelines is a routine task for anyone managing multiple projects. The multiple project timeline not only allows displaying multiple projects it also allows to provide a quick status about the project parameters.
Multiple Project Timeline Template
Keeping track of multiple projects is very challenging and having a mechanism to be able to track tasks effectively is key in the whole process. For any project manager working on multiple projects, this should be part of Excel Project Management Templates.
Multiple Project Tracking Excel Template
The One Page Project Manager Excel Template helps a project manager to manage projects with a single page. The one-page project manager covers the task tracking, maintain key dates, task meter, resource load, to do for the PMs, risk, and issues tracking. The template has been designed to fit into one excel sheet and easy to print. anther important KPI has also been designed to be visible easily.
One Page Project Manager Excel
Using PowerPoint for status reports gives additional flexibility to make the status report more informative. The PPT template has 4 key sections - Summary, Timeline, 4 basic parameters and risks/issues section. As it is made in PowerPoint you can combine several projects status report into one presentation to report on multiple projects.
Project Status Report Template PPT
A project management dashboard is a handy tool for any project manager to give the project status in a snapshot. A dashboard should be able to convey the status of key project parameters visually. This dashboard can be used for status updates with senior management or directors don't have time to go through the details.
Project Management Dashboard
Product backlog templates are standardized repositories for tracking PBIs through prioritization and inclusion in sprints, usually retained in standard Excel format. In Agile methodology, the product owner gathers required tasks or requirements as Product Backlog Items (PBIs), also referred to as “stories.” By retaining an ever-changing but all-inclusive list in a central repository, the prioritization, and visibility of PBIs facilitates planning and allows for pulling product backlog items into Sprints for development and implementation.
Agile Product Backlog
A Project Charter is a must-have in any project, as prescribed by the PMBOK® Guide and other methods. It is a document that summarizes the key information about a project and that announces to the world, aka, your organization, that there is a new project on the block. The Charter appoints a project manager for the project and assigns it the authority to proceed.
Project Charter Template
The Project Charter is an important document that gives the project manager the authority to commence the project and acquire the required resources to support the project activities.
Project Charter Word
When managing multiple projects it always challenging to give all your stakeholders or senior management a view of the current status of the project. This dashboard template provides a way showing your portfolio status in a graphical fashion.
Project Dashboard for Multiple Projects
A resource matrix is a mapping between resources and projects with the timeline in question. The matrix provides a convenient way of identifying gaps as it provides a matrix view of resource vs projects. With this view, a resource manager can easily pinpoint which resources are not fully allocated. It can also be used to manage tasks.
Resource Matrix Excel Template
The Multiple Project Timeline Template allows displaying multiple project timelines with different phases for each project. The timeline also allows to report a % complete and has a today line indicator which gives everyone a clear idea about where the projects stand.
PowerPoint Timeline Template
Capacity Planning for Sprint based Agile projects is the process in which the amount of work that can be done in the sprints with available resources is planned. This excel template helps a Scrum Master or Project Manager in capacity planning for sprints and get a head start in agile projects.
The planner has 3 sections - Capacity Planner, Resource Plan and Data Config.
Sprint Capacity Planning Excel Template
Every team manager wants to be informed about what his or her team is working on. The team resource plan excel template will help a team manager to assign team members to multiple projects. It provides a clear view of team allocations.
Team Resource Plan Excel Template
The first stages of the PMO setup are so important. we have developed a PMO Starter Kit to help you setting up your PMO in the right direction and equipping you with a fighting chance.
- PMO Kick Off Meeting Template
- PMO KPI Dashboard Excel
- PMO Charter Template
- PMO Implementation PPT Template
- Project Kickoff Meeting Template
- Project Proposal Template Word Template
- PMO Starter Kit
Project Initiation Template
During initiation, you create an overview of the project as well as a strategy for securing its success.
- Importance – If this phase is not handled correctly, the rest of the project management lifecycle will suffer or even fail.
- Roles – At the very least, you will need a project manager. You may also require other subordinate roles depending on the scope of the project.
- Activities - Appoint a project manager, Appoint subordinate roles as necessary, Create the over and strategy, Decide what technology/resources will be required.
Download Project Initiation Templates Below
- Project Proposal Template
- Project Kick-off meeting
- Minutes of Meeting template
- Meeting Minutes Template Excel and Word
- Stakeholder Management Plan Template
- Project Vendor Selection Process and Template
- Statement Of Work Word Template (SOW)
- Project Charter PPT Template
- Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) Templates
- Project Brief Word Template
- RACI Matrix Template: Excel and PPT
- Project Communication Plan Template
- Request For Proposal Template RFP
- Project Scope Statement Template
- Project Options Paper Excel Template
- Project Success Criteria Excel Template
- RASCI Template
- Team Meeting Agenda
- Business Case Template
- PMO Charter Template
- 5 Project Estimation Techniques & Templates
- Project Outline Template
- Project Initiation Workshop Agenda Template
- Access all our templates in one download
- Communications Management Plan - Guide to Project Communications
- Stakeholder Analysis Templates
- RFI Template
- Outlook Email Templates for Project Managers
Now you must take your plan and break it down into individual steps. It is essential that you not try to attack a project all at once.
- The importance – Groups often fail or fall short of their projects’ aims because they didn’t have a detailed plan of attack. Your strategy from the last step will be of no use if you don’t plot out each step of it.
- Roles - Project Manager, Sponsor, and key stakeholders.
- Activities - Create a detailed plan that covers the aforementioned strategy from step one. Do a risk assessment of your plan. Define what criteria must be present for the result to be considered a success.
Starting a project plan with a template allows a project manager to deliver faster and also ensure that the project plan covers all the key tasks. Here we offer simple and complex project plans in excel and MS Project.
- Excel Project Plans with Gantt Chart
- Excel Project Plan
- Simple Excel Project Plan Template
- Sample Project Plan using MS Project
- Software Project Sample Plan
- SAP Project Plan Template
- Payroll Implementation Plan
- Decision Document Template Word
- Options Analysis
- SWOT Analysis Template
- Employee Training Plan Excel Template
- Project Planning Checklist
- SMART Goals Template
- Pain Point Analysis Template
Project management timelines provide a very convenient way of explaining the different phases in the project. A variety of tools can be used to generate project timelines. Excel, PowerPoint and MS Project provide fantastic tools to create project timelines.
- Project Timeline with Excel
- Multiple Project Timeline Template
- Roadmap Template in PowerPoint
- Multiple Project PowerPoint with MS Project
- Project Environment Planning Template
- PPT PowerPoint Timeline Template
- List of 8 Project Timeline Template & Samples
Resource Management is a fundamental task in any organization. Making optimal utilization of resources is a top priority for any organization and its management. Types of resource management plans include basic excel plans, resource matrix, advanced resource plans, capacity planner, project, team resource, and capacity planner.
Resource Capacity Planning Template Excel, Word, and PPT
- Basic but effective excel resource plan template.
- Simple Resource Matrix Template
- Advanced Excel Resource Plan for Tracking Utilization.
- Excel Based Capacity Planner
- Detailed Resource Management Plan in Word
- Resource Management for Teams
- Team Task Management and Planning with Excel and PPT
- Project Team Structure Template
- Team Charter Template
- Team Resource Utilization Template
Project Management Templates
Project Budget and Cost Management
- Project Budget Management Templates
- Project Cost Management Plan Excel Template
- Project Cost Management Plan
- Financial Dashboard
- Budget Proposal Template
- Bi-Weekly Budget Template
Project Execution Templates
In this step of your project management cycle process, you are applying the detailed plan.
- The importance – This is the culmination of the last two steps. Your success will come down to how well you execute your plan and remain aware of certain constraints like cost, time and performance.
- Roles - Project Manager and Project Team.
- Activities - Build the team, Perform the required work, Produce necessary deliverable (e.g. the credentials for success), Documents that should be delivered and This step should result in the deliverable for which your project was designed.
The project Execution phase includes the following templates -
- Project Management Plan
- Business Plan for Dummies
- Time and Task Management Templates
- Change, Risk and Issue Management Templates
- Communications and Quality Management Process Templates
- Procurement Management Process
- Budget and Cost Management Templates
Task Management is an activity that can be done in projects or day to day team tasks. Here we provide templates that will help project managers and team leaders equally when it comes to task management.
- Simple Task Management Excel Template
- Excel Task Manager with Dashboard
- Excel To-Do lists for project managers
- Task Priority Matrix Excel Template
- Team Task Management using Calendar Template
- Use a Kanban board to manage team tasks.
- Excel Task Manager with SLA Tracking.
- Help Desk Excel Manager Template
- Task List Template
- Weekly Timesheet Template | Google Docs
- 9/80 Work Schedule Template
- Weekly To-Do List
- Work Breakdown Structure Template
- Requirements Breakdown Structure Template
- Requirements Traceability Matrix Template
- Work Log Template
- Action Planning Template
- Excel Task Tracker Template
Project Trackers and Gantt Chart Templates
Tracking project progress is a routine activity for any PM. Below are some of the best templates for project tracking and Gantt charts.
- One Page Project Manager Excel Template
- Master Project Tracker Excel Template
- Gantt Chart Excel Templates
- Project Planning with backward and forward planning
- Project Checklist with 100 point checks
- Project Pipeline Tracker
- Multiple Project Tracking Excel Template
- Issue Log - Template for Prince2 and Agile
- Gantt Chart in MS Project
MS Project Templates
MS Project or MPP sample templates for project plans and tracking.
- Master Project Plan with MS Project
- Sample MS Project Plan Template
- Traffic Lights with MS Project
- Generate Task Allocation Sheet from MS Project
- Timeline using MSP
- Resource Leveling in MS Project
- Microsoft Project Plan - Master Plan Template
- MS Project Master Schedule
- MS Project Timeline for Multiple projects
- Gantt chart in MS Project
- Resource Pool in Microsoft Project
Project Dashboards are a common and easy way to display project status or issues. Types include simple, portfolio, heat map, team status, multiple and single projects, executive dashboards.
- Simple Excel Project Management Dashboard
- Project Management PPT Dashboard
- Portfolio Dashboard Excel Template
- Portfolio Dashboard PPT Template
- Team Status Dashboard using Excel and PPT
- Multiple Project Dashboard
- Executive Dashboard using PPT
- Project Heat Map
- Executive Project Dashboard Template
- Financial Dashboard
- PMO Dashboard
- Agile Dashboard Excel Templates
- One page Project Manager Dashboard
- Excel Task Tracker Dashboard Template
- List of all Project Dashboards
Quality Management Templates
- Quality Management Plan Template
- Test Summary Report
- Test Report Template
- Regression Test Plan Template
- Software Test Plan Template
- Test Case Template Excel
- Defect Tracking Log
- QA Status Report Template Excel
Project Status Report Templates
Status reports are a key part of project management. Below are the different types of status reports. Types of the status report are simple and basic template, one-page word, excel, PPT, monthly, team status report, MS Project Status Report, multiple project status reports.
- One Page Weekly Word Status Report Template.
- Excel Project Status Report Template
- PowerPoint(PPT) Status Report Template
- Monthly Project Status Report Template PPT
- Detailed Version of Weekly Excel Project Status Report
- Multiple Project Status Report Template Excel Template
- Email Status Update Template
- Agile Project Status Report Template
- RAG Status Reporting Template Excel
- QA Status Report Template Excel
- Gap Analysis Template
- Project Milestone Template
- Program Status Report Template
- Create an Impactful Project Status Report
- Create a Heat Map in Excel - 10 Simple Steps
- Tracking Progress Status With A Monthly Report Template
- Project Status Update Email Sample: Templates and Examples
- Earned Value Management Template
- Daily Status Report Template
Agile has become the norm at this time. Having a set agile template will help any project manager to get a head start on the projects. In our Agile Tool Kit, we have Sprint planning, product backlog, dashboard, sprint capacity planning, and agile project plans to start with. It is important that these templates be used after reading our basis of agile project management.
- Sprint Planning and Tracking Excel Template
- Excel Product Backlog
- Agile Project Management Dashboard
- Sprint Capacity Planning Excel Template
- Agile Project Plan Template
- Sprint Retrospective PPT Template
- Scrum Meetings Best Practices
- Scrum Board in Agile Project Management
- Agile Project Status Report Template
- Kanban Board Template
- Agile Product Backlog Template
- Burndown Chart Templates
- Issue Log Template for Prince2 and Agile
Agile Project Status Report Template
Registers and Logs Templates
Every project needs registers and logs for maintenance. Types of templates include risk, change and decision registers.
- Risk Register Excel Template
- Risk Management Process Step
- Change Management Templates
- Excel Decision Log
- Excel Issue Log Template
- Project Benefits Excel Register
- Stakeholder Register Excel Template
- QA Defect Tracker with Dashboard
- Root Cause Analysis Template
- Action Plan Template Excel
- Daily Work Log Template
- Action Item Tracker Excel Template
- RAID Log Template Excel
- Employee Skills Matrix
- Benefits Realization and Benefits Management
- Team Leave Plan Calendar Template
- Incident Report Template
- Help Desk Ticket Template
- Change Request Template
- Matrix Management Example
- Change Management Plan Template - Sample and Example
- Application Impact Excel Heatmap Chart
Project Management Knowledge Areas
The 10 knowledge areas include Integration Management, Scope Management, Time Management, Cost Management, Quality Management, Human Resources Management, Communication Management, Risk Management, Procurement Management, and Stakeholders Management. Listing a few templates covered under these process groups -
- Project Integration Management
- Procurement Management Plan
- Implementation Plan Template
- Scope Management
- Stakeholders Management
- Quality Management
- Communication Management
- Human Resources Management
- Risk Management
- Cost Management
- Configuration Management
Change Management Templates
Change is a continuous process that needs active management and monitoring. While it is difficult to say where organizational change starts and stops, it is essential that you know how to use the proper management tools at the right time. Check out all change management templates:
- Change Management Plan Template
- Adkar Model - Change Competency Assessment
- Change Curve Model Template
- Change Management Checklist
- Change Management Templates
- Change Readiness Assessment
- Change Impact Assessment
Templates and plans which will provide your business with the transparency and accountability to successfully implement your goals and strategies. Templates included are:
- Executive Summary Template
- Business Requirements Document Template
- Strategic Planning Template
- Sales Report Template
Project Closure Templates
This final step can be seen as a way of preparing for the next project. You are looking back on the effectiveness of these last three steps and drawing out relevant lessons for the future.
- The importance – Although it’s easy to overlook this step of the project management lifecycle, it will have a huge impact on how effective your attempts are in the future. The Closure is also about returning resources so that other groups are able to access them.
- Roles - An administrator tasked with recording the project and any relevant lessons
- Activities - Transferring deliverable to the next group or customer, Relinquishing resources to other projects/groups, Recording lessons learned for future use and Closing out any administrative elements.
- Lesson Learned Excel Template
- Project Closure Report Template
- Project Deliverables Template
- Burndown Chart Template
- Post Implementation Review Template
See our Website Index for all the free resources on Project Management.